Thursday, March 7, 2013

Tracey G.'s March Kit Creations


Hi there! Tracey G. here and today I want to share a little more about 2 of my layouts created with the beautiful March Kit,"New Blooms",  featuring Meg's Garden.

Here is my first page using the main kit only:



I did lots of fussy cutting since these papers are so rich with detail. I embossed my mat using the Cuttlebug and Holtz Damask embossing folder. I adhered the brown ribbon from the kit to a  strip of the paper and folded it to make 2 pleated "ribbons." The kit includes a page of medallions so all I did for the nameplate was add a few of the pearls and back it with ruffled ribbon. With the included cheesecloth I made loose flowers and used the Kaisercraft pearls for centers. Since I can't sew at all, the stitching is all "faux."

My second layout uses the add-ons and is based on Amy's sketch:



I really love the colors of this one! The cute Prima clothespins hold a pleated ribbon and doily from my stash and the alphas were some horrid hot pink leftovers that I crackled to match. I curled the kit's Tim Holtz film strip using my heat gun and hubby's help! I painted the DA butterfly with pink and white acrylic paint ,then applied the crackle while it was still wet which blends the colors in a cool effect. I created the card stock flowers using a Sizzix die,embossing each layer before compiling, then using watercolors for soft effect.


Stop by the ScrapThat! Gallery to see more pages and projects made from this beautiful kit!
Can't wait to see what you create with it!






4 comments:

  1. fabulous work with these papers, awesome details :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow your layouts are amazing, am loving all the green layout and your flowers, stunning.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such gorgeous pages, Tracey!! Thanks for sharing the details! ~ Blessings, Tracey


    ReplyDelete