Friday, March 1, 2013

My Last Post at ScrapThat! by Sandi Smith

Hi everyone....this is a sad day as it will be my last time posting as a designer here at ScrapThat! Today, I am going to share in more detail my layouts made with the beautiful March ScrapThat! Kit.
Here is my layout based on Amy's beautiful Sketch...
  Main Kit, EAO and FAO
I love those photos of my great niece(Taken by Sherri Mouland Photography) and it matched these papers perfectly. I did some sewing. punching, stamping, lots of fussy cutting and got messy with gesso. I did things a little differently this time by adding a little color to the gesso with Patina Glimmermist. I made the little banner from the papers in the kit and used a little twine from last month's kit. Here are a few closeups:




 Main Kit and FAO
I did lots of fussy cutting and punching with this one and sprayed the flowers with mist to better coordinate with my layout.The butterflies were made by stamping onto a transparency sheet with Staz on ink and I then cut out the butterfly images.


Main Kit, FAO and EAO 
My last layout is also of my sweet girl and is my favorite. I got really messy with this one using masking tape, Glimmermist and some random stamping. Because these beautiful papers have a glossy coating on them, I had a little trouble getting the mist to absorb. I tore regular masking tape into random pieces and layered it where I intended to place my photo. I love how the mist looks on the tape. I also did some spraying after all the embellies were glued down which gave the flowers the multicolors.


 
I have loved my time here as a designer at ScrapThat! Such a beautiful, kind group of ladies who I will definitely miss and a big Thank you to Kaitlyn for having me!

7 comments:

  1. Such amazing layouts, Sandi!! Thanks for your gorgeous inspiration. You sure will be missed here at ScrapThat! Wishing you all the best!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are amazing, my friend! I will miss you big time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww you and your work are going to be greatly missed!!! I really liked seeing you at Scrap That. I knew that if there were any questions you were right on top of it. In the past questions went unanswered but with the newest team everyone has been top notch. I'm sorry your leaving. Your work has always been inspiring.. I know you will still be around and another site will snatch you up real fast for their design team. But I truly mean it that you will be missed.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful work as always Sandi! We'll miss you here at ScrapThat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow I love this page, I love all your gorjuss flowers. good luck with your next venture. bfn

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow your work is amazing, love all the creations, totally fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete