Friday, March 22, 2013

March Kit Creations by Tracey Sabella

Hi, it's Tracey S. here to share my
March ScrapThat! Kit creations.

First up is this oh so fun page of our daughter, Elizabeth, when she was a little girl riding in this battery operated car with her cousin. As I was contemplating what projects I wanted to create with this fabulous kit, a picture of this page popped into my mind. A rare moment indeed when my page is preplanned rather than a work in progress!!

"Movin' On"
MK Only

Close-Ups:

Flower Cluster

This is a mix of handcrafted and kit flowers. The large "Full Open Rose" is created with kit cardstock colored with distress inks and cut with Donna Salazar's Grand Peony and Bitty Blossoms dies. My tutorial can be found here. The smaller pink rose also uses Bitty Blossoms. The sweet white roses, velvet leaves, and skeleton leaves are all included in the main kit and the yellow carnation is cut with DSD Carnation Creations.

Here is a side-view:

Grassy Rose Clump:
More of the kit roses layered on some
DA grass chippies from my stash.

Banner Title Close-Up:

I cut the banner flags from kit cardstock and laced them together with cording from the main kit. The path is made from eggshells adhered to cardstock. A technique by Gabrielle Pollacco that I expanded. 

Below the banner you can see my mixed media layered on using gesso, mists, and bead gel.

Sparkling Chipboard Sun:

The tutorial for my Sparkling Chipboard Sun
can be found here

 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Next is a layout of Elizabeth all grown up on her wedding day dancing with her father. I love the way he whispered and talked with her during this sweet dance. These papers make for gorgeous wedding pages. The Meg's Garden Spring Paisley Label page is just filled with sentiments that are perfect for page titles or card sentiments.

"Cherish this Moment"
MK, EAO, FAO

Close-Ups:

Flower Cluster

This cluster blends my hand crafted flowers with the gorgeous FAO kit Prima and Petaloo Flowers. The fabulous Prima gears and buttons are included in the EAO kit.

"Layering"
 

I had so much fun using the striped papers for pleating, punching, distressing, and layering, and on top the MK filmstrip by Tim Holtz is just perfect!

Title Cluster:

 

More pretty flowers here and the fussy cutting opportunities abound. The pink sprays of flowers tucked into my cluster were fussy cut. To create the doily effect, I punched a row of scallops, cut apart each scallop and adhered them around this label for part of my title. 


More fussy cut leaves and a handcrafted carnation using DSD Carnation Creations dies. The dragonfly is from my stash and painted with metallic paint. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Finally, I have another wedding page to share with you of Elizabeth on her wedding day smiling and so happy. This page is out for publication at Scrapbooking News and Review, but I can show you the close-ups.

"You Mean The World"
MK, EAO, FAO

Ribbon Cluster Close-Up:

I cut banners and crumpled the paper to make them look fabric-like and layered them with the crinkle ribbon from the Main Kit and topped with FAO and handcrafted flowers. I pulled the larger white flower apart and replaced the center with one of my Bitty Blossoms flowers.

DA Butterfly Close-Up:

I used twinking H20's to paint this gorgeous MK chipboard butterfly flourish and used MK pearls for the body. So easy!! The crystal flourish trail is from my stash. 

Layered Hearts Close-Up:
This is such an easy embellishment to put together if you have a die cut machine. Just cut hearts in 1/2 inch increments and stitch down the center. 

Crackled Chipboard Frame Close-Up:

I applied pearl pen to this chipboard frame piece and allowed to dry. I used the Smooch Accents in the MK to paint the vines and heat set. Heat setting caused the smooch and pearl medium to bubble with some lovely texture. On top of that I applied Clear Rock Candy Crackle Paint. If you click on the photo it will enlarge to give you a better view of the texture.

Thanks for joining me today for my March Kit Creations!

There are still a few kits and add-on Kits available in out ScrapThat! Store.
Be sure to grab yours before they are gone.

2 comments: