Thursday, March 14, 2013

Textured Flower tutorial with Laura

hi everyone!  This is my first tutorial for scrap that!  I hope you enjoy it!

I love to make flowers!  And although I am not the first one to make his flower (I saw one at Wendy G's blog) but I have changed it to make it more my own.

First you need to gather your supplies
die cut flowers - one larger, 2 medium, 2 small (I have done it with two different flower shapes from my cricut) on untextured cardstock
molding paste
inks, glimmer mist, alcohol inks, liquid pearls, perfect pearls...some kind of colorant
a pearl or center
hot glue gun & glue


next you will apply the molding paste with your finger to make sure you have lots of bumps and texture.  Let dry (I left them overnight)

after they are dry is where the fun comes in and your creativity....I used two different mediums

this one I inked


this one I used the smooch that is included in the March kit






I then sprayed the first one with a little bit of light pink glimmer mist





and because I wanted both these flowers on the same page I used some pink liquid pearls on both


now you can use whatever colorants you would like...be creative

when they are dry, fold back the ends of each petal like this




so it will look like this





and like this when all the petals are folded




now make an 'O' with your hand and put the largest flower on top then push through your hand




your flower will look like this




continue with all your flowers

on the smallest one, glue a pearl or a center into it




start layering your flower gluing them together from smallest to largest alternating your petals

and here they are done

the inked one


and the one with smooch

thanks for stopping by and I hope to see your textured flowers!


3 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! I can't wait to try some of these! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice!!! thanks for sharing the deets on how to get the look

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super idea with the past on it first, I am sure gonna try it and also with gel, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete