Friday, January 4, 2013

January Kit Creations With Sandi S


Hi everyone...Sandi S here  wishing you all an amazing 2013.
Today, I am going to share my January kit creations in a little more detail.

 Made with Main Kit and Stash

This layout is based vaguely on Amy's Sketch...I tend to drift sometimes.You can find out more about our sketch challenge here and here is Amy's beautiful sketch to inspire you:
http://api.ning.com/files/sD41wAeO629-n0VLBcku61VeBm0QQxOVt3kNUOy2WTISsyxlwZBpy1q8EchfYZlabuSQ-weTJnGe67t39*3rmqCUBcvs-Uq4/0sketch_amarilys_101January.jpg
 This photo was taken on a beautiful winters day and it is the road that leads to our cabin. I made this layout using the main kit and some messy stuff(molding paste,texture paste and glitter) from my stash.Using a snowflake mask, I applied molding paste to opposite corners and then dried. I then added some Martha Stewart texture paste in random places and applied Glimmer mist and Fairy Dust glitter while still wet. You can't tell from the picture but I also threw in some clear micro beads which just adds to the beautiful shimmer. The chippie trees are also from my stash. I tore apart the edges and added texture paste to try and imitate the trees in the photo.
Here are a few closeups:


Made with Main Kit,FAO and EAO 
Another blast from the past...that's me in the middle and my little brother Ross and cousin Claudine. I love this photo as both of them died way too young.I got messy once again with the texture paste because I wanted it to look like snow falling. I fussy cut the three of us from a color photo and placed over the same photo in Black and White....love how I could fill his shovel with "snow". I also did some stamping and just blotted the texture paste down the page and more heavily along the bottom to give the impression of snow falling I also used  the very beautiful Chloe Flourish in Blue from Flourish with a Bling


Made with Main Kit,FAO,EAO & Stash
My last layout is of my sweet girl...would just not be a kit reveal without her! This is one of my favorite pictures of her...love those rosy cheeks!Once again I tried to create a snowy effect with the texture paste and did a little stamping. I did some fussy cutting and matted my photo on the corrugated cardboard included in the kit. I also dressed up the snowman by adding some bling(from the EAO) to his hat and eyes and made him a scarf from the trim also included in the kit.



Well that's it for me...hope you have a fabulous weekend!

Sandi

3 comments:

  1. Your layouts are stunning Sandi! Love the Pine Pond! Have a great weekend Pam

    http://mybeaner.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all such amazing pages, Sandi! My fave is Pine Pond which is simply stunning!! ~ Blessings

    ReplyDelete