Wednesday, January 16, 2013

How I did that..... by Sandi Smith

Hi everyone....Sandi S here today to share a couple of techniques that I used while creating with the very beautiful January ScrapThat! Kit. Every month I just create with those kits and never know where its going and never take pictures as I go.Then I sit here wondering what to share....

OK...first off I thought I would share the technique I used on the tree chippie to try and make it match the trees in my photo. I have no pictures to accompany the step by step process but it is quite simple.



  • First I sprayed the raw chippie with a couple colors of green Glimmer mist.
  • While it was still damp, I started to gently peel the layers of the chippie toward the center to give it more layers. 
  • I then applied Martha Stewart texture paste along the tops of the boughs to create a snow effect. I also applied Donna Salazer Fairy dust glitter for some shimmer.
To make my picture blend into the background I first applied molding paste onto a snowflake mask and then applied blue Glimmermist while still wet. I allowed that to dry and then added the Martha Stewart Texture paste again along the top of my photo and extending out onto the background. It's hard to tell from the photo but I added some clear micro beads into the paste while still wet along with the glitter...you can never have too much sparkle in a winter layout.

My next little technique shows how you can add a few little extra details to your pages.
I wanted to dress up the little snowman in the corner and this is easily done by using embellies from the kit.
  • I first traced around the snowman with a fine tip black marker to make Frosty a little more defined.
  • Using the Bo Bunny Bling, I decorated the hat and added a couple of gemstones to his eyes.
  • Using the fibers in the kit, I made a scarf and then glued on top of the original scarf.
  • I then added a little texture paste to the hat and scarf to give the illusion of snow.
Well that's it for me...I hope I didn't bore you!
Have a great week!
Sandi


4 comments:

  1. What great tips and techniques, Sandi!! I love how you blended your photo into the background!! ~ Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your first layout is just a work of art,thanks for the details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both layouts are just GORGEOUS! Absolutely love how you created the first one!

    ReplyDelete