Friday, January 4, 2013

January DT Challenge !


Tracey G. here with this month's DT Challenge. For this challenge, I would like you to create a NEW layout, mini-album, card or off-the-page project with the lyrics to a song prominently on the page.
 
 Here is an inspiration layout of mine, using the Organic Collection by Fabscraps featured in an earlier kit:
 
 This is my daughter,Naomi,climbing the tree in our Pastor's yard. She is at that age of 12 where she vaccilates between wanting to act grown up and moments like this where she still says,"Mom,look at how high I am!" So this song fits perfectly with this pic-the lyrics on the page read:
" I gotta have roots
 before branches,
To know who I am
before I know who
I wanna be"

Music is so connected with our past memories, so perfect for our present lives and can express our wishes for the future. I would love to know the stories behind the layout as well, we often leave those out. I know many of us don't like to "mess up" our LOs with handwriting but think of how much that personal piece of you will mean to others later on. 

Here are the rules {gotta have 'em}:
1. Project must be NEW for this challenge and posted in the forum  this thread as well as uploaded to the gallery by January 23rd. Here's a TUTORIAL on how to post your layout to this thread.

2. This challenge thread will close on January 23rd at 8:00 PM EST.

3. Winner will be chosen randomly and posted here in this thread as well as the ScrapThat! Blog.

4. If RAK is left unclaimed, I'll choose another winner after 7 days.
{winner pays shipping}

5. Prizes won during the month will be mailed out the first week of the following month. (Please note: due to Customs clearance, International mailings sometimes take 30-75 days to receive.)

Can't wait to see what you create!

3 comments:

  1. wow it's beautiful love it greetings janneke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful challenge and fab inspiration!! ~ Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the great challenge! I just uploaded!

    ReplyDelete