Saturday, January 19, 2013

January Kit Creations by Tracey S.

It's Tracey S. here to share my January Kit Creations with you. What an amazing kit this was to work with, so packed with fabulous embellishments so perfectly paired with the BoBunny Powder Mountain collection!!

We moved back to Ohio to be closer to family in 2000 and are now used to snowy winters, but when we lived in North Carolina a snowfall covering the ground was a rare event. This is our Carolina home during one of those snows.

"Carolina Snow"
Main Kit

Here are some close-ups of my handcrafted flowers and pinecones clustered with vintage buttons from my stash and the lovely kit pearl strand.



My first attempt at quilling for this snowflake. The pattern can be found here: Resse Dixon Quilled Snowflake

For this snowflake I used Martha Stewart White Texture Effect:

My next layout is of a shot taken at my parent's home on Westville Lake in Ohio. As soon as I saw this paper, I had a vision of creating a window in the lodge wall.

"Westville Lake"
Main Kit, EAO, FAO

To make this window frame, I created a cut file on my Gazelle to fit my photo. You could also cut the chipboard with a craft knife. I painted the chipboard brown then covered in crackle accents. When Dry I took the white Prima chalk ink and brushed across the frame gently to highlight the cracks. 

A close-up of the vocal flower and vine. 

One of my layered Snowflakes. I cut the corrugated board with my Sizzix Snowflake die, and a smaller flake in kraft, then topped with one of my hand crocheted snowflakes, Bitty Blossoms Rose and pearls from the EAO kit.

And a side view to see the dimension:

My final kit creation is another Carolina snow. The children and I built this snowman in our front yard to the delight of the passersby! 

"Frosty"
Main Kit, EAO, FAO Kits

I created these sweet white fabric flowers using the main kit stamens to complement to focal kit flower.  The corner flourish was created with modeling paste and microbeads for some wintry shimmer. The white sparkly snow is a mix of Fran-tage embossing powders and flakes sprinkled on my page and heat set from below. 

 I altered the Prima flowers by opening them up and spritzing with Sapphire Glimmer Mist. The white leaves were cut with Spellbinder's Folaige dies, pinched to create the leaf veins and then covered in crackle.

Another of my handcrafted crocheted Snowflakes topped with a Powder Mountain button.

A cluster of BoBunny snowflake buttons, crocheted snowflake, Bitty Blossoms rose and paper punched snowflake heat embossed with holographic embossing powder to add sparkle. 

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you found something new to try out on one of your own projects.

2 comments:

  1. All the special elements on your layouts are AMAZING, Tracey! wow. Your FIRST time at quilling? That snowflake is exquisite! And the crochet one is LOVELY! I see an Etsy shop in your future :) Thanks for sharing your gorgeous creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracey, I adore that multi-layerd snowflake! I had no idea you used the cc as the bottom layer! I'm so glad we post these close-ups and how-to's because only then do I see it all!

    ReplyDelete