Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Tulle Flower Tutorial by our November Guest Designer, Tracey Gregory


ScrapThat! would like to welcome our November Guest Designer back to share a fabulous tutorial with you.

Hi there! Tracey G. here!
Today I am going to show you how to make a easy and thrifty tulle flower like the ones below:
 

Tulle is readily found at any craft store, but I can find large rolls of it at my Dollar Store in the "Bridal Aisle". If I overheat and melt a layer, it's not a big cost!

You can mist and alter the colors as you wish. I created the black flowers from the ScrapThat! November Kit and the cream flowers were spritzed with peach glimmer mist.

Let's begin!

And there you have it! Some points to note ~ the layers can can get quite hot, so keep your fingers out of the way, please! Try heating the layers separately or all at once for a more cohesive look. I kind of like mine rumpled. I find that the gems adhere better with Glossy Accents than glue. Glossy Accents dries nice and clear, too!

There are so many ways to alter this flower to your project! Have fun with it and can't wait to see what you create!

To see more of Tracey's fabulous work,
be sure to stop by her blog, 

ScrapThat! is currently accepting new subscribers. Stop by our store for details.

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous flowers Tracey! I love the cello glitter. Thanks for the tutorial! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these flowers are gorgeous!! I'm going to have to try these!! ~ Blessings

    ReplyDelete