Friday, November 23, 2012

November Kit Creations by Sandi Smith

Hi everyone...Sandi S here today to share my creations from the ScrapTHat! November Kit. It was such a pleasure to work with and I loved the colors. 
My first layout is once again of my sweet girl. The day I made this she was in school and when she came home she was feeling a little upset and down on herself. I didn't say anything but told her to come to the scraproom because I had something to show her. I had this layout completed and gave it to her along with a hug and a little pep talk. Young girls are so hard on themselves and have such little confidence.
OK...enough babbling.
This layout is based on Amy's beautiful sketch and uses only the Main Kit.The lovely quote I found on Pinterest.I made the frame by stamping on transparency with Staz on and cutting to fit my layout.I did some stamping, random punching and some misting I did lots of fussy cutting and made a few rolled flowers. I rarely do a layout without them! The gorgeous  gorgeous Black Jessie Flourish is from Flourish with A Bling.  The black Thickers were from my stash.  Here are a few closeups:
I also used two photos for this layout, cutting out Claudine and layering with pop dots over the picture. Love this effect but it is hard to see in the pictures.

My next layout is also of DD...no surprise!!This month, ScrapThat! sponsered Sketchabilities and this layout is based on the following sketch that I rotated.
The background for this layout is actually the Prima packaging for the alphas that came in the kit. I also did lots of inking with the Prima ink that was also included in the kit. And here are a few closeups:


You can find a little tutorial on how I made these textured leaves here.
Onto my last layout....
This layout is of me and my new found hobby...kayaking and is based on the October 26th sketch over at Stuck on U Sketches.  
Here are just a few closeups:
 
That's it for me....be sure to drop back on the 28th for some sneaks of the BEAUTIFUL December Kit and the 30th for the full reveal and blog hop!Hope to see ya there!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome, Sandi .. I am alway inspired by your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such gorgeous pages, Sandi!! I so enjoy your inspiring work!! ~ Blessings

    ReplyDelete