Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Tracey Gregory ~ Guest Designer Nov. Kit Projects

I am thrilled to be the November Guest Designer for the ScrapThat! Kit Club. ScrapThat! is a Canadian based kit club with beautiful and perfectly combined papers, flowers and embellishments. I wasn't sure what to expect when I received my kit but-WOW! Love these rich fall colors and all the Prima goodies that came with it!

Here is my first layout-using only items from the
main kit:

The pic is my daughter at the gates of the cemetery - yes, creepy, I know but we were shooting nearby in the leaves and she thought this would make a "cool, Cullen-type" shot. These BoBunny papers were rich and exotic and I water distressed the edges,then highlighted the wrinkles in Rub n' Buff. I made the flowers out of the black tulle ribbon and ZVA pearls that came with the kit. I will post a tutorial on the flowers later this month. I fussy cut the dragonflies and using the cracked glass tutorial by October GDT member Patti Hamil, created their funky wings. I painted the chipboard with black crackle paint and after inking the edges of the brown ribbon with the kit's Ingrid Bolme ink in Teak Wall, I wove it around the page and highlighted it with more ZVA pearls.

This is my second layout, using the inspired sketch by ScrapThat! DT member Amarilys:

This one is my fave! I used the main kit, the flower and embellishment add-ons and some mixed media from my stash. The frame is a $1 Michael's cheapie that I distressed and attached the Prima doors/shutters to. Aren't the Prima leaves and vintage keys just perfect for this palette?


The poem is one of my favorite by Robert Frost,"Nothing Gold can stay."

 Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
  Nothing gold can stay. 
My Sketchabilities Layout used a totally different color palette with the same kit!
 See how versatile it is?

 

I altered the white Prima flowers in the kit by misting them with Tattered Angels in Cinder, trimming them down and highlighting the edges with Diamond Stickles. The little banner is from the Prima package itself. Thrifty or just cheap? You decide!

ScrapThat! currently has openings for new subscribers.
Stop by our store for details.

Be sure to visit Tracey's Blog ~
to follow her gorgeous work.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what amazing layouts!! So glad to have you with us as our GD this month!! ~ Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work, Tracey! You are a great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete