~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~My first layout is simply called "Spring" and features a picture of my son from last Spring (since this year, it seems, Spring decided to take its sweet time getting here and I couldn't get a decent Spring picture to use). I loved the KaiserCraft transparency included in this kit and used it as the base page for this layout. I coloured the transparency with Copic Markers - so cool how this turned out. Pictures of the layout are taken on a white background but it looks so much cooler in real life!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~This is my second layout with the ScrapThat! May Kit - featuring the Prima "Divine" collection. For this layout, I used the Prima BAP sketch from April and an old picture of my sister and I playing at the beach (in Florida?) - I'm not sure when it was taken, but I think it was probably late in 1979, hence the title of the layout "c. 1979". I used just one sheet of patterned paper for this layout. I watered down some acrylic paint in a spray bottle and spritzed the paper to create the painted background and paint drips. I used a toilet paper roll dipped in watered-down acrylic paint for the drippy circles. I wanted the colours to look beachy but also wanted a very 1970-ish colour palette - I think the coral, teal and brown were perfect for this!
Here is my third layout with the ScrapThat! May Kit. The colours in this kit were just perfect for an Easter layout - so I scrapped these photos of my son hunting for Easter eggs this year. This layout is based on Amy's beautiful sketch. For the layering, I used a medium sized round doily and some music paper from my stash and then matted the photos using the Prima packaging from the Kit Add-Ons.
I just loved the Prima "Divine" papers because they were made to create banners - I used cut the pennants out of the Prima and then matted them on the Core'dinations paper included in the kit. I layered the banner elements and finished off the banner with some baker's twine left over from the ScrapThat! February Kit.
I used flowers from the Flower Add-On and the butterflies from the Embellishment Add-On to embellish the layout. I cut the leaves using my Tim Holtz Tattered Leaves die from the 'mesh' included in the kit.
I used the Washi Tape from the Embellishment Add-On to decorate a wooden clothespin as a final embellishment for this layout. You can more clearly see the layering on this layout as well as one of the die-cut leaves in this photo too.
That's it for my shares for the May Kit. Thanks so much for stopping by the ScrapThat! blog today!