Thursday, May 23, 2013

Featured Anniversary Kit Projects by Tracey S.


It's Tracey S. here to share my May Anniversary Kit Creations. This kit has such gorgeous papers and coordinating embellishments.

First up is "It's All Good" featuring an engagement photo of our daughter, Elizabeth, and Andrew.

"It's All Good"
MK, EAO, FAO

I wanted to give this page an organic feel, picking up on the stone wall and flowing water in the background of this sweet photo. 

Close-Ups
Here you can see the brick stamping that looks like that stone wall and one of the gorgeous EAO Prima butterflies and flourish for the butterfly trail. I also fussy cut a portion of the MK transparency overlay to tuck into the corner over the bricks.

I brushed the MK Smooch Accents onto the gorgeous FAO Prima focal flower to lighten it up a little. Around it I tucked in some of the MK rosettes, a FAO vine, and these sweet Embossed Vellum Flowers I created with the MK vellum sheet. My tutorial for the vellum flowers can be found here. I pulled apart a piece of the burlap ribbon and nested it under the cluster. I applied a coat of matte Mod Podge to hold the fibers in place.

 This photo shows another of the sweet Prima butterflies and the wood grain stenciled molding paste. A piece of the EAO fabric tape can be seen under the photo.

Next I have a page featuring Elizabeth and Andrew dancing together during their wedding reception.

"First Dance"
MK, EAO, FAO
This first dance as a married couple is so sweet, and the soft colors of Prima Divine are just perfect to showcase this lovely memory. This page goes with our May DT Challenge, 'It's a "Banner" Month!' For details about this challenge and to add your banner projects, go here.

This larger Prima focal flower is from the FAO kit along with handcrafted rolled flowers created with Donna Salazar Bitty Blossoms dies and inked kit cardstock along with some of my Embossed Vellum Flowers. The tutorial for the embossed flowers can be found here. I used a Prima stencil and molding paste to create the overlapping circle background design.

This Beautiful Prima flower is from the EAO Kit and the lovely pink rose is in the Main Kit along with more of my Bitty Blossoms flowers and the lovely Prima flourishes from the Main Kit. The edges are distressed with my Donna Salazar Distrezz-It-All.

A little cluster in the bottom corner with the EAO Kit Prima Butterfly, little punched daisies accented with the Main Kit Glossy Accents, and another of my Embossed Vellum Flowers. The edges are distressed with my Donna Salazar Distrezz-It-All. 
Our daughter, Maria, had the opportunity to be in her high school performance of "The Music Man" last year. She's the one in blue with the large flowered hat.

"The Music Man"
MK

I used the Main Kit only for this page and based it on Amy's gorgeous "Spring into May" Sketch. For details on her sketch challenge and to add your project go here.



This close-up shows a blend of handcrafted Bitty Blossom and Embossed Vellum Flowers, textured leaves, and sweet pink kit rose, fussy cut doilies, nests of dyed kit fibers and the blue lace strip is also created from the Main Kit vellum. All of these handcrafted items are created with kit supplies along with my dies and inks. The crochet doily is from my stash.

These gorgeous butterflies are included in the Main Kit. They are white and there is no limit to how they can be colored. Here I used Distress Ink to layer the blues and oranges and used the kit pearls to form the bodies. The kit Prima flourishes make the sweetest butterfly trails. I also added some small rhinestones from my stash for some extra bling. I splattered and dropped mist on the background.

 Larger photos and more details can be found on my blog, Garden of Grace.

Thanks for taking the time to view these May Anniversary Kit projects with me today!

The May Kit is currently available for sale in our
ScrapThat! Store.




1 comment: