Friday, May 3, 2013

May kit pages from Tracey G.

Hello! Tracey G. here to share a little about my pages made with the fabulous May Anniversary kit.

Here is my first layout, using only the goodies in the main kit and the brand new sketch from Stuck on U Sketches:

Featuring my niece,Vivien in her first princess crown. Yes, it's on backwards but with that smile,we'll just let it pass. I used the yellow cardstock as the base and applied a texture paste to the background. Everything was misted using Tattered Angels and Lindy's products. The butterflies come white and ready to color so I applied the mists with my fingers for a blended look. I will have a tute for the spring lilies on the page and I love how they are nestled in the fun fibers that also come with the kit. I added gesso to the alphas and just thought the Prima banner clips were the cutest!

Look at the beautiful sketch Amarilys has created for May:

Here is what I made with it,using the add-ons:

I made the paper roses with the kit's cardstock and my Spellbinder die and highlighted them with the pretty Smooch that comes with the main kit. I curled all the edges back by lightly misting them,wrapping them around a thick paintbrush handle and drying them with the heat gun. I added perfect pearls to the lace doily design on the background paper to highlight the delicate pattern. I love the burlap look to the ribbon and the wired aspect made it so easy to shape.These are older pics of my daughter that I have been waiting for the right papers..I love how the sunshine highlights her face and these sunny papers and blooms were perfect!

See details about the challenge here: Sketch Challenges

For my last layout, I had no design in mind but just played with it:
As soon as I saw these papers,I remembered this pic of Naomi wearing this favorite outfit. Perfect match,right? When I saw the ruler it reminded me of my doorjamb where all my kids have their height marked. my daughter is small for her age and is always the most anxious to see if she has grown any!I made the flowers with Prima papers and my Timmy tattered floral die add added some Michael's dollar bling to the center and the enclosed pretty coral pearls. I broke the large coral Prima flower down but trimming off the bottom layer so it would be proportionate. The pompom trim is also from the Michael's dollar aisle as well and I borrowed some Prima accents from previous ScrapThat! kits to complete the page.

That's all I have for today-have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Such gorgeous projects Tracey!! Love all the fabulous details! Thanks for sharing. ~ Blessings

    ReplyDelete