Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Sandi's May Anniversary Kit Creations~

"Praising God So Stones Don't Have To" 
Based on Amarylis's sketch using the MK, FAO and EAO

Sandi  here today to share my May Anniversary Kit Creations! This is a 12x12 canvas that I did based on Amy's great sketch! I'm telling you ... this was the most fun I've had in a while!  I've been wanting to do a canvas with this title/message on it and when I saw these papers, I thought it was a perfect opportunity! I was deeply inspired  by those inner feelings and had a blast "getting inky!" I've used about a half dozen different mists and sprays after applying my Gesso base. I've let the paints run, merge and drip as they wished. Then I've used a Crafter's Workshop Tile Textures stencil and Golden molding paste. Along with some fussy cut pieces, a bit of the transparency and embellishments from  the kit,  I now have a favorite piece to hang in my scrap room. I was so excited about the little car full of flowers, that I took that piece as inspiration for my project. It is mounted on a couple of pieces of corrugated cardboard for height to allow for placing the yellow flowers underneath it.  The mists, canvas and Gelatos (purple edges) are from my stash. 

If you have never done a canvas and had some fun with your mists, I highly recommend it! Let that inner artist emerge! Originally meant to be a piece celebrating May Day, this piece became something entirely different as I went through the process. 

Here are a few close-ups! 





Next ...

"
Pea"
MK, FAO, EAO

I am so in love with this kit! The Prima Divine collection has such beautiful papers and the matching embellishments just make for such great pages! My photography is a bit crooked here although my  page is actually very straight! =) I've made a "messy" punched border with my Martha Stewart Swirling Lace punch and added a pleated paper inset that I did a tutorial on May 8th on the Scrap That! Chat blog.  Just a fun little something that I haven't done in a while! That is our super cute, ggdg Peyton in the photo. (The paper doilies are from my stash.)




And last ..

"Kisses, Kisses, Kisses"
Main Kit only layout (plus bits of personal stash)
(Sketch by Nanne' Harry @ Stuck on U Sketches

This was a special page for me as well! I'm in love with this photo of my youngest daughter with her hubby. Although technically  it is not a photographer's dream, I love the happy expression on her face and her long hair cascading down. But also, Im head over heels about the printed background paper (Rosebuds)! So, I wanted to use as large a piece as I could.  It's not a print I'd use  in my home necessarily but it makes a fabulously unique scrapbook page! I've made some of my own blooms for this page using my Spellbinders Grand Peonies die and some flowers from the kit. Of course, I had to add in some of that pretty bling from the kit!

Don't you love those great Petaloo CMC butterflies! Just spray them any color that you want!  I finished off the page with a banner cut from one of the designer papers and added some twine from my stash(The twine, title strips and doily are from my stash.) 




I think that about wraps it up for this time.  Thanks for coming by today! I always enjoy your taking the time to visit and comment on my work. 


1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous work with the May Kit, Sandi!! Thanks for sharing the details! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    ReplyDelete