Thursday, June 13, 2013

June Kit Creations with Tracey G.

Tracey G. here to tell you a little more about my projects using the fabulous June kit, "From Sunrise to Sunset"

My first page is a clean and simple styled, 
sunny page made with only items from the main kit:




Other than some light misting, I didn't add much to the background because it already was so full of inky fun and textures! I love how the papers are so detailed and dimensional. The pic is our team for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation's Great Strides event. It's so wonderful to see family and friends come out and support CF research. With advances in medication and treatments made every day, our goal is to find a cure! Every year, we get specially designed T-Shirts and this year they were orange-how perfect for this kit!

Next up is my favorite, using the Main Kit and add-ons:





 Look at those cute baby cheeks!Lots of mixed media fun here!
 Misting,masking,distressing,gessoing,stamping..you name it, I did it. I altered the cute metal butterflies from Maya Road using Ranger Alcohol Ink-easy way to coordinate your metal details! I followed the Prima BAP sketch for inspiration and will be showing you my BAP on this page later in June.

My next page is based on Amaryllis' beautiful June sketch
(See details about the sketch challenge here: Sketch Challenges)
 and uses the Main Kit and Add-ons:




I wanted to show the neutral side of the collection. The Prima zipper and the ribbons are from my stash. I used the Prima packaging as a mat and a Prima mask to make the Texture paste flowers ( hard to see behind the paper flowers). I love the sweet little metal butterflies from Maya Road and the crinkly gems, both in the Add-ons. So, if your style is more neutral, the backsides of the brighter paper offer that versatility!

My June DT challenge is "Scrap Outside Your Comfort Zone"
and here is my inspiration page:





 Using the main kit, the add-ons and various odds and ends from my stash, this is my example page. My normal style is flowery and shabby-chic and the "same-old" was getting stale for me. With these fun papers, I decided to just play with mixed media and darker colors ala Finnabair. I created flowers with the brown ribbon from the Main Kit and deconstructed the larger zipper flower. Technique-wise, a lot of everything is thrown in here. I just kept adding odds and ends and gluing and misting. When it was "done" I added one more layer of gesso. I haven't decided if I love it or not, but it was fun to try something different. My scrappy goal this year is to scrap more of me, so in the gist of the movie title, I present: "This is 45."


Thanks for stopping by and hope to see your entries in our challenges!

2 comments:

  1. Such amazing projects with this kit, Tracey!! I love all the different techniques you used!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  2. You totally rocked this kit, Tracey! I love all of them! (I'd love to actually see my "45" again! Wouldn't that be great, haha!

    ReplyDelete