Thursday, December 27, 2012

Introducing our January Guest Designer ~ Kelly Klapstein


ScrapThat! is delighted to introduce our
January Featured Guest Designer
The Extraordinarily Talented

Kelly is a contributing writer for Canadian Scrapbooker magazine. Not only does she create amazing pages, but she also loves to share her passion through teaching. She was a Featured Instructor at the 2012 Great Canadian Scrapbook Carnival.
 


Hi there!  My name is Kelly Klapstein, and I’m excited and honoured to be Scrap That’s Guest Designer for January 2013!  I was born and raised in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, and aside from living and working for about 5 years in Ontario, I’ve always called Edmonton home.  The big blue sky and westerm prairie landscape are an inspiration to me each and every day, although I could do without the frigid long winters! 

I guess you could say I am the daughter of a scrapbooker.  Ever since I could hold glue and scissors in my little girl hands, my mother encouraged me to keep photos and memorabilia from my life in scrapbooks.  I also have my mother’s precious albums from her youth and am using her photos to create heritage pages now. 

My scrapbook style is quite “eclectic”…I enjoy creating fun, playful, cute layouts as much as I do the shabby chic, vintage ones using lots of techniques.  I’ve even done digi layouts but prefer crafting with my hands.  Over the past couple of years, however, I’ve experienced a creative urgency and have started to explore the artistry of this craft with mixed media.  This has led me to design some unique layouts that are very personal and close to my heart.

I truly enjoy sharing what I’ve learned about designing pages and currently teach classes at my local scrapbook store in Edmonton.  I’m also a freelance writer and Education consultant. Teaching is one of my passions, and I used to teach high school English until I had children.  I have three children….Matthew (17), Serena (16) and Mila (12).  My husband and I have been in love since we were 18 and have been married for 23  years. 

One thing I love about the world of scrapbooking is connecting with others and sharing our art…either in person or online.  I have learned so much and met so many wonderfully talented scrapbookers online. It’s an amazing global community where crafters from every country can exchange ideas and encourage each other on their artful journeys.

To get to know me better, feel free to visit my blog www.kellycreates.blogspot.com where you will find some funny family stories and take a peek into my life as a scrapbooker!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Kelly. I can't wait to see your projects. I'm a huge fan of your work.

    ReplyDelete