Tuesday, April 16, 2013

GD Lynn Shokoples ~ Featured April Projects

Good Morning Everyone! This is Lynn here today, and I'm so excited to be a guest designer this month for ScrapThat! I have a few projects to share with you using the April Kit. When I saw the patterned papers from the Donna Salazar collection, I was in love.

"Nikki"
MK

For this layout I used the main kit only and the sketch by Amarilys Doria but flipped it on it's side. I loved having the burlap in the kit as well, it just added to the shabby feel of the layout of my daughter. I chose to do her photo in black and white to blend into the neutral colors. I added some doilies from my stash and did some faux stitching to finish my project.


If you would like to play along with the March sketch challenge, check out the details here.
 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Here are some close-ups of my details.

 I used the twine along with some glossy accents to wrap around the flowers.
 I loved the Chipboard Alphas that came with the kit, and I just added a little ink to the edges.

 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
For this layout I played with the main kit and the embellishment add on kit. I will be sharing a tutorial later this month on how I added some texture to the background. I just couldn't get enough of using the burlap, so I added it to this project as well.
 The Maya Road Vintage Trinkets were just the perfect embellishment to add to the center of my flowers along with the Prima Vintage Trinkets. I took the hearts from the strand and tucked them into the flower cluster for some extra bling.
 Here you can see a sneak of the texture I added. I also used my sprays to add color to some white flowers from my stash.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Days Like These"
MK, EAO
For my last project I used the Prima Flower spray and just tucked it around my photo. I used some punches to play with the frame. The title I cute out of one the patterned papers from the main kit along with my Silhouette Cameo. I just had to add some more of the burlap to my project, can you tell how much I love it?
With the embellishment add on kit there was some chipboard from FabScraps. I used some stamps and ink along with the Maya Road Trinkets to jazz up the chipboard.

Thank you so much for letting me share my projects with you today. I've really enjoyed the opportunity to be a Guest Designer this month!

To see more of Lynn's amazing work be sure to stop by her blog!
Scrappyhappymom

3 comments:

  1. What gorgeous projects, Lynn!! We have enjoyed having your as our April Guest Designer!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are some BEAUTIFUL layouts! Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fabulous pages! Thanks for being our Guest Designer this month!

    ReplyDelete