Thursday, August 23, 2012

Keren's August Kit Creations



Keren here to show you in detail the layouts I made with my ScrapThat! August Kit.


For this first layout, I used blue and brown hues. I started with a circle and some leftover strips of paper. I cut out some flourishes and the title out of the blue cardstock using my Cricut machine.  I clustered the flowers, doilies and the beautiful Prima nest to frame the photo. I used the Kaisercraft rub-ons to balance the page on the opposite side and added some onto the brown envelope.  I tucked some hidden journaling inside the envelope and added some pieces of the chipboard frame behind the it.  Finally I decorated with some pearls











For this layout I slanted the middle paper and added lace and pearls behind it. I ripped some of the edges and added some Prima resin corners and lace underneath. I decorated each area with a rose. I clustered a large flower from my stash, along with a tulle flower I made (see tutorial tomorrow), some small flowers and a butterfly. I used the chipboard frame around the picture. I had to cut it in half and tuck it under the photo. Finally I added the some pearls to accent the patterned paper.
Tip: to get the white effect on the background paper I rubbed it with a wipe. It took some of the blue glossy effect from the top.







For my final layout I used ScrapThat! August Sketch. I made 3 flowers out of my Cricut machine and added some leaves, cheese cloth and butterflies in the cluster.






I hope you like my creations today. If you would like to see more of my work please visit me at:

2 comments:

  1. These are so wonderful. Especially love the uniqueness of the teal one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, what amazing layouts. Love your stamp and pearl pen work along with your fabulous designs!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete