Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Altered Chipboard Frame Tutorial by Sandi Smith


Hi everyone...Sandi S here today to share how I altered the Petaloo chipboard frame that was included in the ScrapThat! August Kit. I am sorry there will be no photos...just a close up of the finished product because the whole process happened by accident but it is quite easy.


 You will need the following supplies :
  1. Frame(Chipboard or wooden)
  2. Patterned paper
  3. Glossy accents or any dimensional glue
  4. Glimmer Mist
  5. Needle or Toothpick
  • I first altered the frame with Gesso and Glimmer Glaze. 
  • I then cut a piece of patterned paper from the Charlotte's dream collection that would fit behind the frame and glued.
  • You then fill in the entire frame with the dimensional glue.
  • I then removed the spray nozzle from the Glimmer Mist bottle and placed drops of mist in the corners of the frame.
  • Using the toothpick,I dragged the mist through the glue towards the center.
  • Let dry. This may take awhile as the glue is quite thick.
Here is my frame on a layout made with the August Kit.

Thanks for dropping by and I hope you have a wonderful week!

4 comments:

  1. Don't you love it when great things happen by accident!! Love itk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love happy accidents. What a fabulous technique!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous creation - looks gorgeous
    Doreen xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful Sandi! gotta love those "accidents!"

    ReplyDelete