Sunday, June 20, 2010

BURLAP LOVE

Hello.This is Karen blogging today for Scrap That!.Here's a layout of my son, I created with the wonderful papers in the June "Queen Bee" Kit. I tried to keep this one 'boyish' and free of flowers. :p


We were given a 12x12 sheet of burlap, which is the latest trend in the scrapbooking world. It is sooo much fun to work with! I used it as part of my background paper, having only snipped it down a bit, to make it the right size. You can leave it as is, or do as I did and pull out a few strings horizontally and vertically, to offset the corners. You could even pull out every other string leaving gaps between them, giving the burlap a slightly different look. (NOTE: I used my left over burlap strings to thread thru my buttons) Whatever method you choose to use on your burlap, it is sure to add such great effortless texture to your project.



To finish this layout, I inked the bingo cards so there could be more contrast and tucked them behind the corners of my photo. I cut out a few circles from the Queen Bee papers and embellished them with buttons. Lastly scattered some pearls (which is better than flowers!) ...and I was done!


Hope you all enjoy this layout.  =)

((HUGS))
Karen

2 comments:

  1. This is just a perfect layout. I love the burlap!! Certainly a wonderful boy layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks awesome, Karen! Love the Burlap. I need to use mine, yet. One of the last things to use from my kit.

    ReplyDelete