Thursday, June 17, 2010

ALTER YOUR FLOWERS MINI-TUTORIAL

Hello!!!  This is Janis blogging for Scrap That! today!!!  I put up a mini-tutorial on how to alter the Prima Innocence Crinkle flowers that are included in the June Add-on Embellishment Kit.  You can also use the steps here to alter any flower you want.  Enjoy!

Supplies:
Prima Innocence Crinkle Flowers 
Ranger Distress Ink (I used Shabby Shutters)
Glimmer Mist (I used Pearl Shade)
Distress Stickles (I used Vintage Photo but you can use the ordinary Stickles)
Pearl/Bling as flower center
Adhesives/Tacky Glue

Step 1:  Take apart your flower layers very carefully.  Cut the two big layers as shown.


Step 2:  Glue one petal on top of the other so that the end flower will have one petal less.


Step 3:  Using tacky glue, glue all the layers on top of each other.  My flowers have 3 layers:  4 petaled, 5 petaled, and the original 6 petaled flowers.


Step 4:  With a dry brush, apply distress ink on your flower center.


Step 5:  To add a bit of sheen plus to activate the pigment of your distress ink, mist directly on your flower center.


Step 6:  Apply Distress Stickles (or Regular Stickles) on your flower center.  Add pearl or bling as flower center.


Here's my final altered flower:


And here's the layout where I used the flowers I have altered in this way:



 
Fast and easy way to make your already beautiful flowers much more beautiful!  ;o)  You can also use this tutorial in doing the fun challenge I have in this THREAD.

Have fun creating!!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow ..these are gorgeous Janis!!! I definitely have to try this ! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The result is just genious! Love that there is no cutting to be done here! You make it look quick and easy, thanks!

    ReplyDelete