Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Our March Featured Member ~ Michelle Marks!

Scrap That! has introduced a new "Monthly Featured Member", whereby we pick one of the many fabulously talented gals in our community, interview them and feature their interview on our blog and here on our community site! As a token of our appreciation, Scrap That! will sponsor a prize pack for each Featured Member :)
So if you want to be considered as a Monthly Featured Member, all you have to do is participate in our community and either upload some of your creations, leave some love for all the beautiful work in the gallery, or simply partake in one of our many forum discussions! You never know, you may be our next Monthly Featured Member!

We are happy to introduce you to our March Featured Member ~ Michelle Marks!



Interview

How would you describe your scrapbooking style?

I don't really think I have a set style. I like a little bit of everything and like to try new styles  especially when I'm inspired by someone else's work. I do tend to lean toward the vintage/shabby chic style the most though. I love doing heritage LOs!

Complete the sentence: I cannot scrap without...

Diet Pepsi! My fav "go to" scrap supply though has to be inks.I love distressing and inking everything!

How long does it take you from start to finish, to complete a layout?


That depends on the type of Lo I'm doing. A shabby chic/vintage style generally takes 4-8 hours. Depending on if I'm hand or machine sewing and if I choose to make my own flowers for it. Something clean and simple would take about 2 hours.

What kind of camera, photo editing software, die cutting machine and photo printer do you use?
 I have more goodies in this department than I use because my hubby is a tech fanatic and is always buying me new stuff...much to his chagrin because I'm techno challenged and don't have the patience to learn these new things! My main camera is a Pentax digital SRL with a couple of lenses, plus I have a Kodak { which my daughter usually has!] and a little Fuji digital to throw in my purse when the big camera is too much.  I generally use just the Kodak Easy Share for the little bit of photo editing I do. I do have Photoshop Elements 8 { but again ,hubby bought it and I have yet to learn how to use it!}. My photoprinter is Kodak . I'm generally pleased with it and like the fact that it uses a less expensive ink.  My diecutting machine is Cricut . I have used  the original 12 x6 for the last several years but hubby  bought me the larger Cricut Expression for Valentine's Day! I also have a Cuttlebug but so far have only purchased embossing folders for it..no die cuts.

Tea or coffee?           Definitely tea!!!!

Are you a night owl...or an early bird?  

      
Oh I'm all night owl! Lots of nights I get scrapping and then suddenly look up and realize its 2 or 3 in the morning!

What is your pet peeve? 

        
 Too many to mention ! bad drivers, telemarketers, rudeness , poor manners....people who have too many pet peeves LOL

Got blog?
         
Yup ...though I wish I had the techie skills to jazz it up a bit! You can find me at  www.michellesscrapbits.blogspot.com

Do you prefer cards, layouts, altered items or mini  albums and why ?

Definitely LOs ! They are my favorite . I also enjoy making cards. Minis I usually reserve for gifts. Love to look at altered items but don't do very many...too much clutter in my house as it is!

What is on your scrappy wishlist?

       
hmmmmm... well it WAS the Cricut Expression for the longest time  but hubby took care of that ...can't think of any specific product right now...just wish there was a scrapstore here in Corner Brook...the closest { and only one in NFLD] is 8 hours away!!! Thank God for on line shopping!

Who  is your fave manufacturer and why?
        
That's a difficult choice...I love so many! But if I had to narrow it down to a couple, then Basic Grey would probably be my fav. I find that their paper lines are very versatile..they lend themselves to many different styles of scrapping and I like that different lines combine well with each other.  Graphic 45 and Websters are also close runners up!  I also ADORE Dusty Attic and am sooooo glad that Scrap That! is a Canadian Retailer!

3 comments:

  1. Big Congrat to you Michelle...your work definitely deserves to be featured!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Michelle! It was great getting to know more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Michelle! Your work is lovely...so good to see you here!

    ReplyDelete