Hello everyone! This is Janis blogging for Scrap That! today. I have prepared a tutorial on how I created my "Buddies for Life" Layout using the September Butterfly Dreams Kit. Except for the Prima swirl pearl blings and Jenni Bowlin Tiny Circle Alphabet Stickers, everything is from the kit. Do forgive some of the pictures though as it was night time (while the kids were sleeping LOL!!!) when I did my layout!
Gather your supplies:
Shabby Green Door - On the Wings of a Dream Flutter
Shabby Green Door = On the Wings of a Dream Songbird
Shabby Green Door = On the Wings of a Dream Brocade
My Mind’s Eye Blue Damask
My Minds Eye Bella Bella Bellezo French Boutique
Basic Grey Cappella Fancy Doily
Prismatics Suede Brown Cardstock
Brown ribbon (about 8" length)
6 fabric leaves
Tara Layered Pink and White Flowers
Tara White Flower
Prima Mocha Lace and Pearls Ribbon
Twines (brown and white)
Basic Grey Nook and Pantry Alphabet Stickers
ZVA Pearl Blings (mine were left over pearl blings)
Queen & Co. Pearls
Ranger Crackle Paint (Old Paper)
Ranger Distress Stickles (Worn Lipstick)
Edge Puncher (I used Martha Stewart Crafts' Doily Lace Edge Punch)
Hole Punch/Big Bite
Tattered Angels Creme de Cocoa Glimmermist
Jo Sonja's Opal Dust
Prima Marketing Butterfly Stamp
Tsukineko Brown Ink
1. Prepare flower embellishment.
a. Get 6 pieces of fabric leaves. Mist with Glimmermist Creme de Cocoa and apply Ranger
Crackle Paint on the sides/outline of the leaves. Let dry.
b. Adhere leaves on a 2" diameter circle forming a flower. Top it off with the Tara White Flower
and the Tara Layered Pink and White Flower.
c. Top off the Tara Layered Pink and White Flower with Opal Dust and Worn Lipstick Stickles.
2. Prepare circle frame.
a. Cut out 6" diameter circle using My Minds Eye Bella Bella Bellezo French Boutique Pink
side. Distress outline.
b. Cut out 5" diameter circle using My Mind’s Eye Blue Damask. Distress outline.
c. Adhere the 5" over the 6" circle. Punch holes on the outline of the 5" circle using hole
d. Adhere on the 6" circle outline the Prima Mocha Lace and Pearls Ribbon
e. Loop around the 6" circle outline the white twine. Make running stitches around the 5" circle
using the brown twine. Final circle frame should look like below. Set aside.
3. Prepare ruffles.
a. Cut out 1" width strips of Songbird paper.
b. Punch edge using Doily Lace Edge Punch.
c. Fold pleats out of the strips as shown.
4. Cut out 9"x9" out of Flutter paper (I measured my 9"x9" from the bottom left part). Cut out the
5. Conceal the cut out portion using scraps of Flutter paper. Distress edges.
6. Adhere pleated strips on the outline of the 9"x9" Flutter paper. Set aside.
7. To make your base, adhere the Basic Grey Cappella Fancy Doily over the Prismatic Cardstock.
8. Adhere the Flutter paper with pleated outline on top of your base. It should look like this:
9. Adhere bird/journal cutout from Songbird paper on top right portion of Flutter paper.
10. Cut out lace pattern of the Brocade paper (about 7") and adhere on lower left portion. Adhere
brown ribbon on top (note that I adjusted the length to 8" on final layout).
11. Adhere circle frame, photo, flower and bird/journal cutout from Songbird paper.
12. Add title on top right portion using alphabet stickers.
13. Add journaling on the bird/journal cutout from Songbird paper. Add stamped butterfly image.
14. Add swirl blings and pearls as final touches. Here's my layout:
Hope you enjoyed my tutorial!
Have fun creating,