Thursday, September 1, 2011

Take a Walk Down Memory Lane With Us!

Since we started our little 'ol kit club back in May 2010 we have put out 15 monthly kits plus 5 Mini Album Kits!  Our Design Team have each chosen their personal favorite layout from a Scrap That! Kit.
 Here is what Kit Coordinator Vicky Alberto had to say.
"My top fave layout I created using Scrap That! kits is "Treasure" made with the March 2011 "Secret Garden" Kit.  Not only was that kit my favorite to date, but I remember just "dying" to get my hands on this specific paper to scrap this photo of my daughter. When I saw all the glorious kit embellies perfectly matched the picture... I was in scrappy heaven!  I think the March kit was the best one so far (September is just as good!) to suit my scrap style and color preferences."

This next layout is by Lisa Blastick
 "Well, my favorite layout is "Happy Birthday" because I really never use pink and I just loved the softness of the pinks in the May 2011 Anniversary "Romantic Spring" Kit.   All of the papers in the kit were fabulous and I loved all the beautiful flowers....everything was such a perfect match!"

 Darien Anderson is a Scrap That! Alumni and a Guest Designer this month.  Darien chose this layout from our second kit that we released in June of 2010 called "Queen Bee".
 "I was just in love with this kit, one of my favorites I have to say!  This is my DD and my step son Owen.  I'm just so happy that my DD has 3 brothers that adore her so much. She is very lucky!!!

This next layout is by Karen Wilson and is also from the "Queen Bee" Kit.
"My all time fave kit layout would have to come from the June 2010 "Queen Bee" kit, which featured Pink Paislee's Queen Bee collection. This is my fave because of it's design, the stitching (when I first started that technique), the fussy cutting which I mastered from this kit...most all of-because of the photo, this is one of those photos where it just hits you - just how grown your child really is! The journaling is what is my favorite part, every word is a perfect description of my daughter and the girl she has grown to be. I fell in love with this kit from the moment I laid eyes on it. The muted tones of greens, browns and yellows were beautiful, paired with the perfectly coordinated blooms and embellishments, all brought this kit together. 

This is one of the very first layouts Ivana Camdzic created when she joined the Scrap That! Team using the November 2010 "Winter's Walk in Paris" Kit.
"This layout will always hold a special place in my heart because it is the very fist layout I created as a part of the Scrap That! DT! Not only will that memory always be one that I cherish, but the sheer beauty of this kit made me fall in love with Scrap That! kits right away! I have been hooked ever since!"  :)
Robin Shakoor joined the Scrap That! team this year.  Her work is exquisite and it is easy to see why this layout is her favorite so far!
"My "Love" layout is my favorite.  I am relatively new to Scrap That! so I do not have as many to choose from as the other DT members.  The reason this is my favorite layout is because of the beautiful papers in the August kit.  I am originally a vintage scrapper so the
"Somewhere in Time" Kit and the embellishments included in the Scrap That! August main and embellishment kits were perfect for my style.  I love adding lots of layers to simple lines and I found that easy to do with the kit."

 Shona Keehn - Design Team Coordinator Extraordinaire created this layout with our April 2011 "Madame Butterfly" Kit.
"This is one of my fave layouts and it is from the Scrap That! April 2011 "Madame Butterfly" Kit. I just love this photo of my grandson and the deep rich colors of the Bo Bunny papers. This was around the time that I found my scrappy style that I love, using lots of layers and dimension."

Tina Rutledge also joined us this year.  She is the queen of Dusty Attic chipboard which may explain why she is also on the Dusty Attic Design Team!  This is her favorite layout.
"This is one of my favorite layouts made with the March 2010 Scrap That! Kit "Once upon a Springtime".  I just had a blast cutting all the flowers and fairies out of the papers and adding them to my page as embellishments! The papers in this kit were perfect for creating a fairytale scene. Loved the Websters trim that came with this kit. It worked perfectly for my page."

Tara Orr is one busy lady and sadly had to leave Scrap That! this year.  However she still designs for us on occasion and has designed four of the mini albums that we have released.
"I just adore this layout!  There are several reasons why this is at the top of my list for one of my all time faves.  Firstly, its of my youngest son. If you know me, and my style, the majority of my work is very shabby chic, very 'girly' and has my three year old daughter, Eden, in the spotlight. This one stands out to me.  The Scrap That! April 2010 "Madame Butterfly" Kit features Bo Bunny's Gabrielle line and for most of us, we wouldn't dream of using this collection on a 'boy' layout.  I think you can! If you omit the flowers and replace with layers of paper, distressing and other elements - it works fantastically!  This was also the first time I had ever used the 'paint splatter' technique and I totally love the end result! I was sooo worried to do this as if it didn't look good, it would pretty much ruin the layout but the paint adds just the right amount of edge and color to the otherwise 'white' space (that I DO NOT do very well!)"

Thank you for joining us for a walk down memory lane!  Now - out of the nine layouts above, why don't you tell us which is your favorite?  The DT member with the most votes wins a little something from Scrap That!  Thanks for playing along :)

12 comments:

  1. Wow all the designers are super talented. How can I choose just one favorite? I think it would have to be Robin Shakoor's layout. Just love everything about it, especially the photo. Congrats to all the designers for some amazing creations and for giving me inspiration on a daily basis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I choose every one???? They are all so very beautiful in their own way! The team has really worked their magic. If I have to separate one from the others I have to go with Ivanas cause
    I´m so in love with the color tones and composition of her Lo.
    Thank you for all the great inspration that you share with us all!
    Hugs from sweden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. <<winks and waves and blows kisses to everyone LOL :)

    ok being serious now...these are allllll amazing creations :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I can't play, but so cool to see all these displayed like this :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful walk down Memory Lane! So nice to see some of the past kits of Scrap That! in these gorgeous layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. all the layouts are beautiful, but I think I would have to pick Vicky's!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite is Shona's. The orange outfit with the turquoise paper just works together so well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like Tara's LO; I have seen it on her blog and I like the romantic touch! But it was VERY hard to choose just one...

    Charlotta

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmm I would have to go with "Treasure", with "love" being almost tied!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Once Upon a Springtime I think is my favorite but I love them all. I wish I had the talent these ladies have. To be able to invision such beautiful layouts by just looking at paper, string, glue etc. Great job all. But you do have beautiful product to work with also.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seriously, just one... they are all so beautiful, wow this is hard! Well if I have to pick one I would have to pick Tina's. I just adore all the layers and dimension of this piece... not to mention all the DA and the colors and mix of pp's! That was HARD... I thought this was supposed to be fun! I also wanted to say a quick thanks to Scrap That I received my prize from last month's Giveaway and WOW is it gorgeous! Thanks Lori and Scrap That, I think that it is just about the prettiest kit I have every seen, much less won!
    Crafty hugs!
    Pendra

    ReplyDelete
  12. My favourite is the layout by Shona Keehn. I like the colour scheme and the design.

    ReplyDelete