Monday, August 12, 2013

my last ST tut!

Hi everyone! This is my last tutorial and post for ScrapThat!  I want to say thank you to my fellow DT members it has been a pleasure and honor to work with you!  To our DT leader Tracey Sabella - you are one of kind with huge heart and kind soul!  Thank you!  To the members of ST!  I will miss you all and I hope to see you at other sites so we can keep in touch!  You are all so sweet and talented!  Thanks for hanging out with us!

Now onto my tut!

I altered the little chipboard flourish with the bird.
you will need
gesso
ink
glitter
mist
glossy accents
embossing folder & machine

So first I ran the chipboard through my embossing folder


then I painted it with gesso


allow to dry
add some ink



mist in areas



allow to dry
add ink to the edges


add glitter in areas


allow to dry
add more mist to the areas you add glitter and allow to dry


you can stop there or you can add your glossy accents on top of the chipboard and allow to dry


here is my final piece....I ended up cutting the bird off because it felt lopsided to me on this layout



Thanks for stopping by and I hope top see you around!

3 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous page and I adore your chipboard piece. Thanks for the tutorial and your kind words!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, this is such a gorgeous page! Wonderful tut! I am sure going to miss working with you as well! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sad. I love all your tutorials and I am going to miss you. Thanks and wishing you all the best

    ReplyDelete