Wednesday, August 14, 2013

August Kit details by Lisa Gregory, Our August Featured Guest Designer

Here is my version of the sketch. It started out as the original sketch turned on to it's side,  and then something happened and it took a life on of it's own. I just love how a sketch can start your mojo flowing and then ends up looking nothing like the sketch sometimes.


 I created the pink roses by taking the white silk rose petals in the kit, curling them slightly by holding them over a tea candle till the ends curled, then spraying them with a color spray. Then I sewed 5-6 petals together and used the pink roses in the middle to create a totally different flower. The Smooch was then randomly painted all over the flowers.

 The title is a Blue Fern Studios chip board piece (not in the kit). I used chalk ink on it for color.

 Just another closeup.


The little Dogwood flowers and leaves were diecut from one of Sizzix new series of floral dies, designed by Susan Tierney-Cockburn. I tucked the lace here and there under my peekaboo cuts.

The small rosettes were diecut from Spellbinders Bitty Blossoms die. I used the Smooch on them as well.

To see more of Lisa's gorgeous work stop by her blog,

We so appreciate Lisa sharing her amazing work with us this month!!

2 comments: